Friday, October 22, 2010

Updated Blog Page

Hello again, you two. Sorry to have neglected you so this year.

While trailing as usual, I've been participating in the preparation for the mid-term election here in the US of A. For those of you who are not from here, we here in the US of A like to spend as many months and dollars as possible arguing, fretting, advertising, and increasing our heart rate and circulation prior to any election. To help us in this pass-time, the press publicizes the outcome of elections long before the event. In the mid-term elections - the one between presidential elections - they tell us the party in power will be ousted. This is a sure thing, they say, because it is the historical trend.

Either the press has never heard of "self-fulfilling prophecy" or they think we haven't.

Sometimes, it does seem that the political decision-making is all in the advertising, mud-slinging, and predictions. So when it comes time to actually vote, most everyone with any sense is so sick and tired of hearing about it that they just don't vote at all. That way, our Representatives and Senators are elected by the remaining 10% of the voting population (about ten in every hundred citizens actually does get out and vote, it appears).

I've begun a blog about the upcoming election that I hope to get published before the fact, so as to join the throng that talks a good game...

You will also note, if you mosey down to the bottom of the page, a counter that keeps track of the number of folks looking at this blog, which might help us (me, anyway) keep track of what happened yesterday. When you get to be old and gray like me, you need these aids to memory. As Mark Twain was reported to have said, "When I was young, I could remember everything perfectly, even those things that never occurred." Now, I need assistance...

If you ever look at or post comments, be further advised that I also deleted advertisements or links to web pages I do not think are appropriate for this blog. If I missed any or deleted a valid link by mistake, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment