Monday, July 21, 2014

Sorry I Didn't Write

Sorry I've been so out of touch. I've been having some health difficulties that, I want to say up front, had nothing to do with Obamacare (formerly, if infrequently, known as the Affordable Care Act).

Indeed, after 12 surgeries in less than 4 years, including 7 with general anesthetic and not insignificant recovery periods - the last two of which were further complicated by my previous extreme adverse reaction to ultram, codiene, any codiene derivative, and most other pain medications (a reaction that, in the last instance, persisted for more than 12 hours, even though I'd taken Zofran - also known as the pot pill – and included, but was not limited to, loss of all stomach contents, the incipient high, and the ability to keep down anything, even water) - and after the resulting-not-unexpected difficulty with alleviating post-operative pain effectively, or sleeping much, I asked the Diety,

"Why me?"

There was no great booming voice from the sky.

I did hear a gentle voice of indeterminate gender saying, "Your plea is very important to us. However, all of our representatives are currently busy with other supplicants. Please hold and be assured that we will deal with each supplicant in the order that the plea was received."

After that, I heard the most beautiful choral music, almost like Tallis and Bach had gotten together on it.

After several days, I lost the connection.

I thought of trying back, but I've lost my place in the queue, so…

Anyway, how have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment