Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What Now!?!

Here I am having completed a tedious but necessary task - a bit more onerous than cleaning your teeth, yet more satisfying than washing the dog - when I take a break to check out my tabled email. So I open up an apparently innocuous update on various public good foundations and organizations and what do I see:

"The National Geographic Society has announced an expanded partnership with 21st Century Fox that includes the sale of National Geographic magazine and other media properties to a for-profit entity."
[Philanthropy News Digest.support-b941fycbfbtsg6aupky9rbys5bbk97@e.foundationcenter.org Copyright © 1995-2015, the Foundation Center. All rights reserved. Permission to use, copy, and/or distribute this document in whole or in part for non-commercial purposes without fee is hereby granted provided that this notice and appropriate credit to the Foundation Center is included in all copies.]

I include the citation in the body of this blog so you can check it out for yourself - because I'm guessing you can't believe it, either.

They go on to say it's just the magazine and other publications/media that's being sold for $725 million to the Fox-in-the-philanthropic-fowl-sanctuary, not the philanthropic society. Just our favorite magazine.

That's all.

That's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment